I’m Pola, a Chicago-based traveler originally from Krakow, Poland. I first traveled long-distance when I was less than 3 years old and have been fond of ‘jetting around’ ever since. Currently I juggle my passion for globe-trotting and running a communications company.
Some of my most valued experiences involve cities, and I started this blog (July 2010) to inspire gratifying city travel. I enjoy exploration that incorporates off-the-beaten-track experiences and brings travelers closer to the local culture and communities.
My writing and photography on this site showcases European, North American, and Latin American destinations, with plans to include Asia. See the guide below for more information about Jetting Around’s features. I have also written for CNN, Yahoo, and Expedia, among other publications.
I hope that you will enjoy the blog and keep in touch on social media. Perhaps we’ll get to meet at one of my travel events.
- Travel experience: Gypsy Jazz in Paris
- My ten favorite things about the USA
- Coffee and desserts in Ljubljana
- Discovering Baja California Wine Country, Mexico
- Interview with singer/songwriter/traveler Mike Mentz
- BLOG – my stories from the road and various travel musings
- INTERVIEWS – chats with globetrotters (travel bloggers, writers, photographers, musicians) who recollect their travels and share cultural insights
- DESTINATIONS – what to do and see: in-depth city guides, shorter city articles with tips (e.g. top 5), posts highlighting specific neighborhoods and hangouts, and ‘around cities‘ – recommended day/weekend trips within a driving distance from urban areas
- GOOD READS – hand-picked book recommendations about travel, cities, and culture
- PHOTOGRAPHY – my travel photos: city galleries and an archive of weekly featured photos that can be downloaded as desktop backgrounds
- GIVEAWAYS – occasional raffles and contests. Previous prizes included CD’s, books, and tour tickets.
- THE JETLETTER – JA’s free monthly newsletter, featuring a round-up of posts, exclusive content, and behind-the-scenes information.
#JAchat is a weekly discussion on Twitter, focused on topics related to city travel and culture. Join us on Fridays at 1pm ET for 30 minutes of questions.
Jetting Around Café is a series of casual networking events for those interested in travel and world cultures. Dates, locations, and special guests are announced on JA’s social media channels.